Click the above title to go to the full information page on the Local Living Venture's website or meander down and get the information you need!
Kicks off Thursday, September 25, 6:30 to 8 pm
Most Thursdays through December 4
Potsdam Community Room, above police station, RSVP for detailed directions.
Pre-Registration suggested (first come, first served!) but not required.
Held every Thursday at the same time and location through December 4 (except 10/23, 11/20 & 27 as noted.)
I am very pleased to join with The Local Living Venture in launching a Whole Health and Healing Academy for individuals interested in gaining a well rounded knowledge of holistic health issues.
Classes are designed to enhance personal health and inspire confidence in the ability of our bodies to heal itself through good nutrition - which also means "eat yummy food!" This series provides a solid overview of the many topics I may address with you as your personal health coach, but at a "group rate" -- more on this below.
Benefits to you:
- Higher levels of healthy energy
- Better sleep
- Body moves more freely and willingly
- Weight balancing to the body weight that is normal for you
- Balanced moods
- Crave real food, saying goodbye to fake, packaged foods
- Balanced hormones
- Heal symptoms of disease
- Happier, healthier... look and feel younger EVERYDAY!
- Healthier people make healthier families, communities... etc. Who does not want that?
- It is Fun, Informative information you can use NOW to make your life better.
- You WILL get healthier and
- Your participation supports the Local Living Venture's mission to keep bringing amazing educational opportunities to our North Country Home! That's a good thing!
"The "academy" will commence on September 25, continuing for ten weeks through the Fall semester. Attendees who successfully complete a certain number of sessions will receive a Certificate of Accomplishment for your personal resume and will take advantage of this opportunity to put health and healing into your hands.
Who Should Attend?
- All are welcome to attend if they desire to create vibrant personal health.
- Employers are especially encouraged to send staff members, to reduce and eliminate health issues and insurance costs.
- Employers themselves are welcome as well; to enhance their health, providing leadership.
- Health care workers who wish to learn more about prevention and self-responsibility in health and healing.
Whole Foods, Whole Health, Holistic Health * Thursday, September 25
What is whole food, why eat it, how to make changes in your life including the why's of eating seasonally and locally, and how eating whole foods will heal your body from the cellular level. Health care providers and healers are partners to guide and support you on your healing path; be the healer that brings holistic health into your whole being.
Natural Foods Know How * Thursday, October 2
An information session on how to know what foods really are natural and not just marketing. Real food not food hype (includes navigating food labels handout.)
Healthy Menu Prep * Thursday, October 9
How to prep healthy meals for the week, how to shop for healthy foods. Shopping and eating seasonally and locally.
White Sugar Blues * Thursday, October 16
What sugar is, forms of sugars, why so addicting, how sugar is damaging to body, how to butt kick sugar out of your life, ways to add “sweetness” to your life without adding sugar.
Gut Health * Thursday, October 23 (different location!)
What creates and destroys healthy gut micro-organisms, how to optimize diet and lifestyle for top notch gut & whole body health.
Proteins, Carbs & Fats * Thursday, October 30
What they all are, why we need them, and where to get them (healthiest food choices.)
Detox Nourishment Diets * Thursday, November 6
What they are, why they work, how to implement simple and more involved detoxes.
Gluten Free Eating & Loving It * Thursday, November 13
Many people find that they are unable to tolerate the proteins found in gluten-containing grains. For anyone curious about Celiac Disease, gluten intolerance, and all the current talk around eating gluten-free.
* Skip two weeks for the holidays *
Divine Weight Loss * Thursday, December 4
Wellness not weight loss in food choices, crowding out mindless eating, adding in healthy options.
This series is designed to give a solid overview of the many topics I may address with you as your personal health coach, but at a "group rate" -- and with both group privileges and restrictions: there will be plenty of time for Q&A, though not in a private setting, and moderated in a fashion that flows for all participants in the classes.
All classes in the ongoing series are 1-1/2 hours long and include a slide show that will also be emailed to all participants as well as various educational handouts. Follow up information will be tailored to also address the health concerns of participants in the session.
Registration, Admission & Series Details
- There is a $22 general admission, $40 per couple/family member, per session for overhead/material fees and to benefit Local Living Venture workshop creation.
- Registration for this informative workshop series is recommended in advance at LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com. .
- Walk-in's are welcome at each session at 6:15 pm on a first come first served basis.
- A discount amounting to two-plus entire classes free is available for attendees who register for the full Whole Health and Healing Academy series. Payment in advance is preferable, but arrangements can be made. Admissions paid in this past Spring's sessions will count towards Autumn discounts!
- The Full Attendance rate is $150 individual, $280 couple for all 9 sessions or pay as you go at $22 per person, per session as noted above.
- Certificates of Accomplishment are awarded to all participants successfully completing six or more sessions.
- Email us (Local Living Venture) to RSVP for your spot -- reservations are not required but are suggested.
- Please include your phone number(s) and the number in your party and we will forward you all pertinent information. LocalLivingVenture@gmail.com