We are not held back by the love we didn’t receive in the past,
but by the love we’re not extending in the present. - Marianne Williamson
Fun Breakfast Parfait
I started out with 3 cups* Prosper's Artisan Yogurt, plain.
I added 1 tbsp. dark maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. vanilla and mixed it in well.
Layer in a pint canning jar:
1. extra full 1/3 cup yogurt
2. homemade granola (Yes, I have a yummy recipe if you would like it... ask!)
3. thawed out local berries
4. sprinkle with shredded coconut
5. extra full 1/3 cup yogurt
6. repeat granola, berries
7. remaining yogurt, will be less than 1/4 cup
8. stick a long parfait or "iced tea" spoon into the jar & serve it up to a hungry loved one, self included!
*This is enough yogurt for 3 parfaits
For extra fat & protein, I often add 2, or more, tablespoons of almond butter to the yogurt when mixing it up.
I also sometimes whip a raw egg (From a free range, local farm, where I know the farmer & farm. Do not use grocery store, factory farm raised eggs in raw food.) and mix the egg into the yogurt mix.
Slivered almonds are also good with or without the shredded coconut.
Looking down into the jar of breakfast fun!