As Mothers, Parents, we take the time to celebrate our Kid's birthdays. This is a time to make them feel special, wanted in this world, and feel our own gratefulness for their presence in our lives. My first son was born on July 29th. He made me a Mom (We, as women, are all Mothers with the ability to always Mother others, Mother all beings!).
I urge all Moms to celebrate each and every one of your Kid's birthdays as your special day as well. These are the days you birthed your babes; brought forth your creations into this world.
The birthday, birthing day, is a time of joy, a time to celebrate:
- the divine process of fertilization and pregnancy (Hey, the divine menstrual cycle that brings forth our ability to create!),
- the actual labor and birthing process, the whole bittersweet process,
- the years of being a Mom and all that entails...,
- your growth as a human being and the wisdom you have called home to your own being (It is so easy to "say" how we would be as a Mom, a Parent, and how Kids "should" be raised. This is a whole other experience when we are right in the heat of it all. Nothing like doing it to create our own wisdom! Being a mom has taught me to never give advice about something I have never actually done!),
- the beautiful souls, your children, who walk this plane of existence with you; they have so much to teach us if we only pay attention and listen instead of thinking we, as parents, have all the answers,
- the wisdom we become as we walk through life as Mom, with our Mother's grace,
- and gratitude for all our mom's gave to us and taught us along their mothering path (even when we hear our mother coming out in our own words to our kids!).
Every year when my boy's birthdays roll around, I show gratitude for their place by my side and all they have taught me about being me!
Jake, Eli, and Mom, 12 years ago... where does the time go?
A few months back, I made an "oreo" cookie cake for Eli, my 12 year old's birthday. I reported about it in my blog post: My Holistic Momma's Dilemma. I used the Newman-Os as you see above. This cake was a big hit with my kids and is being repeated here, 3 months later, for Jake's 15th.
Happy 15th Birthday Jake and Happy Birthing Day to Me!