1. Blood pressure: a regular yoga practice reduces blood pressure.
2. Mindful body and breath work cultivates peace that lingers and weaves its way through your day.
3. Aligning your breath with your body's movement aligns body, mind, and spirit. See peace info above.
4. Got gut health issues? Try some yoga poses that are guaranteed to bring digestive tract relief.
Pose images from an online article at Yoga Journal, I urge you to check out this Yoga Journal gut healthy, better digestion article, click here. While you are at it, just check out the whole Yoga Journal!
5. Body Weight Balance that is healthy for you & your body: When your spirit can move through the world with grace, because your physical body is a comfortable place to be (physically, emotionally, AND spiritually) your life and life force energy just flows better.
6. Asthma Relief: Yoga breath & body work creates healthier lungs, better lung capacity, less asthma symptoms, and lowered stress.
7. Stronger Bones, stronger muscles, stronger body-mind-spirit. You gain better flexibility & balance in body-mind-spirit as well. Bonus!
8. Yoga is healing to all body systems. Yes, I said healing! Your cellular metabolism will balance out, because your mitochondria will be happy, making you feel light and energetic.
9. Yoga is your daily happy drug lifting mild depression and making neurotransmitters flow. Yoga literally lifts the corner of clouds so you can always see the sun. As my youngest son said, 6 years ago, "when you lift the corner of the clouds, the sun is always shining!"
10. Yoga helps you relax and sleep better as it engages your para-sympathetic nervous system, the rest & digest system, taking you out of the constant stressed out, fight or flight mode (your sympathetic nervous system on over drive). This reduces inflammation in your whole body.
I could come up with another 90 healing benefits of Yoga in about 10 minutes time. I love to chat about Yoga, if you are interested.
Translated roughly, it means
"The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you"
knowing that we are all made from the same One Divine Consciousness.