- 4 large green peppers like above
- 1 can organic chick peas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, I prefer the sheep's milk one
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup grated cheese of your choice. I used a Manchego cheese, again, sheep's milk
- spices to your taste, I used my pulled pork blend (see below)
- Other spice options: curry powder, Italian blend spices, chili powder... play with it
- Cut peppers in half length wise
- Put 1/2 can of chick peas in a bowl and mash up
- Crumble feta over and blend in
- Add grated cheese and spices
- Blend all well together
- fill each 1/2 of pepper with stuffing mix & arrange on baking sheet so they will not tip over
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes
- Pulled pork blend: ground pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili pepper, thyme, all-spice, turmeric Use 1 Tbsp. of each spice except1 ½ tsp. allspice OR blend to your likes and tastes.
My apologies... I forgot to get a picture of the end product. They were yummy!