1. Grind your coffee beans and use 1/3 cup of coffee grounds to every 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. Put the coffee grounds and water into a wide mouth canning jar. You can do 2/3 of a cup of grounds and 3 cups of water in a quart jar. Or make a bigger batch in a half gallon or gallon sized jar.
Whatever amount that you do not freeze into cubes, just refrigerate and use within 2 weeks. Simply warm it up and use like fresh, hot brewed coffee.
3. Allow coffee "tincture" to soak over 24 to 36 hours. I shake it up whenever I pass by the jar in the kitchen.
4. Strain, after tincturing, into a clean jar.
5. Fill ice cube trays and freeze.
Caution: If you have a self-defrosting fridge, keep a close watch on these precious coffee cubes. Get them out of the trays and into a sealed freezer bag as soon as they freeze. Otherwise, the freezer will defrost them right out of the trays. This is not good! Organic, fair trade, shade grown coffee is liquid gold, Fun-Shine, that needs to be protected!