The Native Americans use the term Medicine Path to describe our personal path on this planet; the gifts we have to offer to all life on this planet. What a strong message this sends: when we do what we are personally meant to be doing on our life walk it is healing to our body, mind, and spirit and healing medicine to those we share our gifts with. Each of us has a purpose, a story to tell, a gift to share with the world to make this place a better place for all. When we listen, truly listen to our heart-spirit, we know our special gift(s) to share.
Are you connected with your purpose here, the gift you need to be sharing with others?
In my young teenage years I knew I wanted to be a health teacher. Going to RN school, right after high school, seemed to me a great place to start (When I look at my life in retrospect... I was not consciously thinking this out at the time!). Nursing school taught me that our medical field works to decrease and cover the symptoms of ill health but really does very little, if anything, to get to the root cause of ill health and heal it. Health Education was my answer to get on prevention end and help people understand what causes disease, what promotes healthy bodies, and how to best make that happen in their lives. The road of life led me to my own practice, supporting other's desire to return to health is my medicine walk on this earth.
Finding your path in life means creating space to listen, truly listen to your heart and spirit talking to you:
- take walks in nature, relax and listen to what comes up without creating actual thoughts
- speak positive words about yourself and the world around you, your words create your reality and ripple out to the reality of the whole universe
- practice some form of mind-body-spirit activity, daily, that leads you back to you: yoga, tai chi, qigong, meditation, prayer...
- surround yourself with positive people, positive media, positive energy... positive food for mind-body-spirit
- eat whole foods so your body cells vibrate at their highest nutritional frequency
- discover what makes you happy and color your world happy!
All of these actions help you, your whole being, vibrate at your highest life force energy frequency. This is your medicine path in the making!
In my quest to do the best I can with what I do... I have devised a questionnaire for new clients to determine if I am the right choice for them on their healing path. This questionnaire also helps me to determine if a client is the right fit for me and what I have to offer. The right fit, on both sides, creates happy clients who desire to be successful in this healing walk with me! We work together to color each other's worlds happy!
Summer Citrus Cooling Drink
- 1 lime
- 2 cups water
- 6 or so ice cubes
- optional: fresh herbs from the garden: mint, basil, tarragon, cilantro are all good choices; use one or two at a time
- Wash off the lime and quarter it, put in blender (yes, skins & all as the skin contains amazing anti-oxidants... anti-cancer properties!)
- add water & ice cubes
- blend into a frenzy
- pour into tall sipping glasses, add herbs, and enjoy (wide mouth pint canning jars work well)
- PS add a touch of whole food sweetener if too tart for your taste buds but go very easy as sugar is not a cell enhancing food
I have made this with fresh lemons, oranges, peach & nectarines, berries, etc. Use your imagination and let the seasonal fruit offerings guide your choices.