I love Indian food. I love the Indian drink Mango Lassi.
Yesterday a dear friend gifted me 2 mangos that came straight up from Florida, picked from the backyard of another fellow Lake Ozonia neighbor. (picked from their Florida backyard... mango trees would suffer in the ADK mountains come winter!)
To feed my clutch of kids this AM, I started them with a mango lassi; melding the best of Florida fresh fruit with the best of the North Country.
- 2 medium ripe Florida Mangos
- 1 cup full fat goat's milk yogurt
- 1 cup full fat raw goats milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon of raw, local honey... thank you very much Mark Berninghausen of Squeak Creek Apiaries out in the Brasher Falls area
- 1/4 tsp. of rose water made from the roses at Old Market Farm in Winthrop
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 3 ice cubes
- garnished with local strawberries fresh off the vines from Martin's Farm Stand, Potsdam
Sometimes I just have to go with the flow and enjoy a melding of local and well, not so local. The Lassi was deeeelish! The kids were happy!
Use this recipe with any fruit combination & enjoy.